Africa
  World
  Islam
  Health
  Photos

World Islamic Prayer

Cimilada
VOA Somali
BBC Somali 14:00
BBC Somali 18:00
Deutsche Welle
BBC Radio
Voice of America
IRIN Radio
NPR Radio
Radio Netherland
Last Updated: Feb 11, 2014 - 5:11:05 AM
Somalia
Somalia: Puntland Parliament approves 2013 budget

GAROWE, Somalia Jan. 7, 2013 (Garowe Online) - Lawmakers in Somalia 's Puntland government have approved the new 2013 budget, after days of debate and presentations by Puntland Finance Ministry officials, Garowe Online reports.

Puntland Parliament Speaker Abdirashid Mohamed Hersi chaired Monday 's session in Garowe, the Puntland capital.

Speaker Hersi said: "There are 47 MPs present and 46 MPs voted in favor of approving the 2013 budget and one MP abstained. The new 2013 budget is hereby approved after days of debate and discussions. "

Mr. Farah Ali Jama, Puntland' s finance minister, was present during the vote. He responded to questions raised by Puntland MPs regarding salaries and support services for Puntland security forces and civil servants in the new budget.

Minister Jama, speaking on BBC Somali Service, said: "The new budget is $41.1million for 2013 fiscal year. Around 70% of the budget is based on taxes on import-export business, particularly livestock trade. The remaining 30% is collected from inland revenue sources. "

Continuing, Puntland 's finance minister said: " O f course, peace and development reinforce each other. Revenue generation increases with political stability. Lately we hear people spreading negative information and propaganda on the media about Puntand. I am informing everyone that there is a government and a working system in Puntland and everything will continue normally. "

RELATED:
Somalia: Seminar in Garowe for Puntland political associations

GAROWE ONLINE
RELATED:
Somalia: Puntland Defence Forces urged to confront Somaliland, Al Shabaab
Somalia: Military in deadly battle with police in Middle Shabelle
Somalia: Al Shabaab fighters ambush Federal Govt troops in Bay, 6 militants killed


Advertisement
 

Vacancy Anouncment Legal Advisor for the Puntland House of Representatives

EDITORS PICK:

Somalia: Puntland Defence Forces urged to confront Somaliland, Al Shabaab

GAROWE, Somalia April 19, 2014 (Garowe Online)

Somalia: Military in deadly battle with police in Middle Shabelle

Somalia: Al Shabaab fighters ambush Federal Govt troops in Bay, 6 militants killed

Somalia: Ugandan Guard Unit arrives in Mogadishu for UN personnel, bases protection

Somalia: Somaliland forces withdraw from historic town of Taleh

Somalia: Somaliland troops seize Taleh town ahead of clan convention

Somalia: No-confidence motion against President Hassan looms-Sources

Somalia: Kuwaiti Company to construct Airport, University in Puntland

Somalia: Federal Govt, Ethiopian troops clash with Al Shabaab in Bakool

Somalia: PM in Kismayo Port City for official visit

Somalia: National Armed Forces celebrate 54th anniversary

Somalia: Puntland Farmers Day marked with ‘Commendations and Pledges’

Somalia: AMISOM, Jubaland forces rescue Kenyan nationals held by Al Shabaab

Somalia: PM on visit to liberated towns

About Us | Disclaimer | Copyright | Contact Us