Turkey condemns deadly Al-Shabaab attacks in Somalia

Image

MOGADISHU, Somalia - Turkey has strongly condemned the latest terror attacks in the Somali capital Mogadishu that killed at least 10 people, including a deputy minister on Saturday.

Eleven others were wounded in the attacks targeting two ministry buildings earlier in the day.

The Turkish Foreign Ministry said in a statement: “We strongly condemn the terrorist attacks perpetrated against the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the Ministry of Public Works in Mogadishu.”

“We wish Allah’s mercy upon those who lost their lives, a speedy recovery to the wounded and convey our condolences to the friendly and brotherly Government and people of Somalia,” the statement read.

Somali-based al-Qaeda affiliated terrorist group al-Shabaab claimed responsibility for the attacks.

Somali PM Hassan Ali Khayre also confirmed the attack, saying: "I expressed my condolences to the families of the victims of today's cowardly terrorist attacks in Mogadishu, including Deputy Minister for Labour and Social Affairs Saqar Ibrahim Abdalla, who was killed in the attack".

Related Articles

U.S. appeals court upholds prison sentences for men who plotted to bomb Kansas Somalis

The FBI used an undercover informant who pretended he was an arms dealer to the three men, which the men argued was entrapment.

  • World

    26-01-2021

  • 05:58AM

Biden presidency: Relief for Africa, or less than it seems?

Kakuba also said he hopes the resurgence in racism seen in the Trump era may get checked by the Biden.

  • World

    24-01-2021

  • 11:49AM