Medvedev Says Countries Ready to Arm Iran With Nuclear Warheads After US Strikes

Image

Moscow — Former Russian president Dmitry Medvedev claimed Sunday that several countries are ready to supply Iran with nuclear warheads following US strikes on Iranian nuclear sites.

Medvedev wrote on social media that US attacks on nuclear facilities in Isfahan, Natanz, and Fordow “backfired,” producing the opposite result intended by then-US President Donald Trump.

“The enrichment of nuclear material — and now we can say openly, the future production of nuclear weapons — will continue,” he said.

He added that “several countries are ready to supply Iran with their nuclear warheads directly.”

Medvedev, deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council since 2020, said Iran’s political regime has survived and “likely emerged even stronger,” with Iranians “rallying around the country’s spiritual leadership, including those who were previously indifferent or opposed to it.”

Later Sunday, it was reported that Trump planned to hold a phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin following the US strikes.

GAROWE ONLINE

Related Articles

US judge allows Trump to end thousands of Ethiopians' deportation protections

Former Democratic President Joe Biden's administration first granted Ethiopians already in the United States that status ‌beginning ⁠in 2022.

  • World

    19-08-2026

  • 06:18AM

UAE suspends all trade and financial activity with Iran 

Talks, however, have since broken down amid ongoing disputes over the memorandum’s terms and navigation through the Hormuz Strait.

  • World

    19-08-2026

  • 05:17AM