PUNTLAND STATE OF SOMALIA
The Transitional Puntland Electoral Commission
DOWLADDA PUNTLAND EE SOOMAALIYEED
Guddiga Doorashooyinka Puntland ee KMG
Position Title: Finance Manager
Duty of Station: HQ Office- Garowe
Reports to: Secretary General
Supervises: Accounting personnel
Deadline for application: 21 June, 2016
Transitional Puntland Electoral Commission referred as TPEC is Public office which is responsible for making policy and for conduct of local council elections. It derives this mandate from Articles 112 -115 of the constitution and Articles 8 – 15 of the local council election law (Amended, 2013).
The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring that all funds of the Transitional Puntland Electoral Commission is kept, processed and dispensed in a safe and efficient manner. This position manages all financial accounts of the TPEC and keeps books, logs and files of all transactions. The incumbent develops and manages budgets Of TPEC. He/she coordinates all payables and receivables, processes payrolls and ensures that all taxes and deductions are paid in a complete and timely manner. The Finance Officer is the lead officer in the Finance and Accounting Dept. and may supervise other personnel in the Section.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed in article 16 of the TPEC law, the incumbent is responsible for the following:
- Ensure that TPEC finances are in order and all expenditures are supported by documented evidence.
- Ensure that all regional and district electoral offices submit on time the monthly financial reports and documented evidence of all expenditures incurred by the regional and district electoral offices.
- Ensure that only authorized payments are made with proper support document (including invoices) and that all payments are made on time and all required signatures are affected.
- Ensure that bank reconciliation is carried out for each account on a monthly basis using bank reconciliation form.
- Ensure that monthly cash flow projections are prepared and that TPEC has sufficient cash in its account to manage its activities.
- Enter all financial transactions for the activities managed by the TPEC into the auditable financial management system and ensure that all transactions are supported by the appropriate source documentation.
- Maintain and improve upon the financial rules and procedures guiding the financial management of the TPEC, in close collaboration with partners.
- Ensure that all financial obligations, (payroll taxes/deductions, registration fees, etc.), all payables and receivables and any other obligations are monitored and effectively managed.
- Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience Required
- University Degree in Business Administration majoring in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree is preferable.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive financial management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of computer skills
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- · Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office , Internet, keyboarding and E-mails
- · Advanced experience in computerized accounting, such as familiarity of QuickBooks software
- · Strong skills in creating and distributing financial reports
- · Strong data and financial analysis skills
- · Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- · Strong Somali and English writing skills
The deadline for the submission of applications is 21st, 2016. Applicants should send their CVs with a cover letter to the following E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it to the TPEC Headquarters in a sealed envelope. Indicate the vacancy notice on the envelope. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that this position is civil service position and remuneration will be comparable with current pay rates of puntland government employees