Ethiopian crew followed procedures - first official crash report

Image

ADDIS ABABA - Ethiopian Airlines pilots followed proper guidance in the fatal crash of a Boeing MAX 8 airplane last month, Ethiopia’s minister of transport Dagmawit Moges said on Thursday as she delivered the first official report on the disaster.

“The crew performed all the procedures repeatedly provided by the manufacturer but was not able to control the aircraft,” Dagmawit told a news conference in the capital, Addis Ababa.

Families of the 157 victims, regulators, and travelers around the world are waiting for clues to the accident after the new Boeing jet crashed six minutes after take-off.

Related Articles

Hakainde Hichilema Re-Elected Zambia President with 60% as Rival Rejects Results

Local media had reported that Mundubile and his running mate, Makebi Zulu, were at a UN agency in the capital, Lusaka, fearing arrests.

  • Africa

    19-08-2026

  • 05:53AM

Sudan: RSF claims full control of town near the Ethiopian border

The offensive came during the harvest season, with the RSF accused of looting crops and ransacking Geissan’s central market.

  • Africa

    13-08-2026

  • 05:52PM